A bit of inspiration for my list.

I saw this commercial awhile ago before I made my list. It showed me that there were so many things in life that I may never experience unless I make the effort on my own. And thus my list was created.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Final Fantasy IV here we go



Well I've finally gotten back to my Final Fantasy count up. Now I'm up to Final Fantasy VI. The reason I postponed playing this is because I heard that Square was coming out with a Final Fantasy VI remake. My original idea was to play the version that came out on the Final Fantasy Chronicles collection for Playstation. But when I heard that they were doing the remake I decided to take a break and wait a few months for the Nintendo DS version to come out.

So far I've been playing remakes of the Final Fantasy games because its just easier to do on the go then trying to hunt down an NES just to play the titles. Part of me wishes that I had played through the originals so I could play them in all their 8-bit glory. But like I said before it would be a real pain to actually get through them all if I had to find them all. Another thing thats good about playing the remakes is they make up for all the issues and shortcomings the orginals had. This makes for a much more pleasant gaming experience at least in my opinion.

An interesting thing about this game is I think I played it before. Well a verison of it anyway. I vaugely remember playing an emulated version on my computer that was fan subtitled since apparently there wasn't a translated version of it (or something like that). Also I remember reading that people thought it was one of the best Final Fantasys and it was something special because it was a Japan only release. I could be wrong but thats what I somewhat remember. I didn't get to far when I played that time so the begining of the remake seemed familar.

The thing thats interesting about this is it has an auto battle feature which makes grinding much less of a trial. While I don't mind grinding to get stronger I'll take any advantage I can get without straight out cheating.

No comments: